Basic Gluten-Free Cheesecake
Modify this versatile recipe using different crusts and toppings to suit your needs. It’s fun to create different desserts using one basic no-fail cheesecake.
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese, room temperature
1½ cups sugar
5 eggs, room temperature
2 cups Greek yogurt, sour cream or dairy-free sour cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 gluten-free crust of choice, pre- baked
- Topping of choice
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar and continue beating for a few minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating to combine. Then beat in remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the filling into a springform pan that contains a cooled prebaked crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven on the middle rack for 2 hours or until the top is golden and feels firm yet soft like a baked custard. Begin checking after 90 minutes. Internal temperature should be 150 degrees.
5. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside for about an hour. Five minutes after shutting off the oven, run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan to help prevent cheesecake from cracking as it cools and settles.
6. Remove cheesecake from the oven and cool completely before chilling in the refrigerator. Cover with toppings of your choice. Slice and serve.
Each slice with graham cracker crust contains 581 calories, 44g total fat, 24g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 205mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 11g protein.
Find even more Gluten Free and Dairy Free Recipes at: http://www.glutenfreeandmore.com/issues/4_8/Gluten-Free-Cheesecake-Guide-2054-1.html.