A Review of Last Legislative Session
HEALTH FREEDOM IDAHO tracked the votes of our legislators in relations to FIVE bills in the 2015/2016 session.
Here is a brief description of the bill as it relates to health freedom, parental authority and privacy.
To see how YOUR senator and representative voted find your district.
Download the voters guide (PDF FILE) that provides a complete overview of Idaho’s legislator votes.
HO181 – FAILED
Topic: NATUROPATHIC MEDICAL PHYSICIANS
Adds to existing law to provide the Naturopathic Medical Physicians Licensing Act. This law would only allow Naturopaths from a few specific Naturopathic Schools to be licensed as Naturopaths. This number accounts for approximately 20% Naturopathss in Idaho, leaving the other 80% who would then need to warn their clients with a signed statement stating that they are not Naturopaths or leaving them to face misdemeanor charges. This would exclude people that have gained their Naturopathic training elsewhere such as Germany, the birthplace of Naturopathy. Causing Idaho to lose a lot of rich traditions of Naturopathy.
SB1121 – PASSED
TOPIC: ELIMINATES PRIVACY; REMOVES CONSENT IN SHARING OF HEALTHCARE DATA.
This law poses a threat to our privacy and rights. Introduced and passed in 2015, allows Immunization Registry sharing of information with the Idaho Health Data Exchange without consent. Opt-out options do not address concerns about previously shared data released to third parties.
SB 1294 – PASSED
TOPIC: VACCINE ADMINISTRATION BY PHARMACISTS: REDUCES LEGAL AGE OF VACCINE ADMINISTRATION TO 6.
This bill allows pharmacists to prescribe and administer vaccines for person 6 years or older. Like all pharmaceutical products, Vaccines may cause reaction in some individuals. Pharmacists do not know patient’s medical history, do not have access to their records, may never see a patient again so are unaware of reactions. Pharmacists have no liability for adverse reactions in the vaccines they administer.
SB 1231 – held over
TOPIC: RELATES TO CHIROPRACTORS: AMENDS EXISTING LAW & ELIMINATES OPPORTUNITIES TO PROVIDE ADVANCED NUTRITION TO PATIENTS.
Amends existing law to revise restrictions on prescribing, dispensing, independently administering, distributing, directing or suggesting to patients certain drugs, substances or products. Prevents chiropractors from administering IV supplements and providing advanced nutrition to their patients.
HB 113 – PASSED
TOPIC: PARENTAL RIGHTS: FURTHER DEFINED AND PROTECTED.
This Bill was introduced and passed into law. It adds to existing law to provide the parental right to direct the care, custody and control of children; to provide the parental right to direct the education of children; to restrict interference with fundamental parental rights and to provide that this act shall not invalidate the Child Protective Act, to authorize a claim, defense and appropriate relief and to provide for attorney’s fees. The original form of this bill was positive for parental rights, however, it passed with amendments that were of concern to parental rights advocacy groups.
Become an educated voter- SIMPLY.