Chocolate isn't just for guilt-trips anymore. It's been shown in numerous studies to be a powerful performance-enhancing, happiness-triggering, mood-enhancing, appetite-reducing, inflammatory-nipping and good-bacteria-building substance. Yay for that! Side note though: GOOD chocolate must be consumed to make it all that it can be: preferably organic, super dark, low sugar and European, since you want as little mycotoxins as possible (since it is a fermented food).
Thanks to Bulletproof Executive for a great background on what chocolate actually contains and how it works to make us feel and look better, its caveats and for publishing the delicious keto chocolate mousse recipe below from Ryan Carter.
- High Pressure Mood Improver
- Chocolate makes you eat less
- Maintenance of a Healthy Cardiovascular System
- Chocolate makes your skin glow…and may reduce sunburn
- Healthy Inflammation Levels From Powerful Antioxidants (for mice!)
- Chocolate is a prebiotic
- Cellular Rejuvenation (Anti-Aging)
Head on over to Bulletproof's blog for the full spectrum of benefits and caveats, and then, enjoy your delicious health supplement!
Keto Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Prep Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
Makes: 3 servings
- 1 large, ripe avocado (chilled)
- 2.5 tbsp. Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- 2.5 tbsp. Bulletproof Chocolate Powder
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Stevia or xylitol to taste
- Chill ripe avocado for 1-2 hours prior. This step assures the blender stays cool, which helps maintain the temperature of your dessert just in case you want to consume it immediately.
- Add avocado to your blender, along with chocolate and protein powders, followed by the coconut milk.
- Add sweetener of choice (optional).
- Put the lid on and blend for 10 seconds then rest for 10 seconds in intervals until mousse reaches silky consistency. This helps to avoid overheating, which can destroy the protein in the powder as well as the consistency of the mousse.
- Transfer to bowls and add your favorite toppings!
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Bulletproof Fuel Bar shavings
- Chopped nuts (try macadamia or Brazil nuts)
- Fresh ginger, chopped or shaved
- Lightly toasted coconut
Serving size: 100g
Total fat 15.6g
Sat Fat 6.78g
Total Carb 8.8g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 9%