Did You Know the Banana’s Health Benefits
You’ll never look at the humble banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and reasons to add them to your diet.They can help to combat depression, increase intelligence, cure hangovers, relieve morning sickness, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and blindness. Plus they can even cure the itch of a mosquito bite and put a great shine on your shoes.
Reasons to eat BANANAS
1. Potassium – Lowers hypertension, relaxes muscles, prevents cramps.
2. Eliminates migraines
3. Pectin – Assist with digestion and bowel function. Those with gastroparesis, acid-reflux, GERD, ulcers should eat several ripe bananas daily.
4. Tryptophan – Is converted to serotonin, the “Happy Hormone.”
5. Iron – Helps with hemoglobin and anemia.
6. Fight Cancers
7. Helps build muscles by converting amino acids into protein.
Delicious Creamy Banana & Avocado Smoothie Recipe!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 avocado, stone and skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or any other milk)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- 1 tbsp peanut butter/nut butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Superfood Protein (optional)
- Handful of ice
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed for half a minute until you reach a smooth consistency. Enjoy!
Now You Know Why Monkeys Are So Happy. Eat A Banana!
Banana Pancakes: I mix one banana, 3-4 eggs, a couple heaping spoons of almond and/or coconut flour and stevia to taste and use ghee in the pan.