Get Your Kids To Eat: Cilantro
Most fast food is dipped, cooked, and lathered in all sorts of unhealthy things that cause high blood sugar and cholesterol, but not this “fast food.” One of the remedies for lowering blood sugar and cholesterol is cilantro, and its fast and easy to add to your daily smoothie! Try it with lime juice and other tropical treats.
Here is how our family sneaks cilantro into SMOOTHIES.
- 3 ice cubes.
- 1 fresh or frozen medium banana.
- 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Juice of 1/2 lime.
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil.
- A dash of Celtic sea salt or other high quality salt.
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- 6 tomatoes of varying sizes, chopped
- 4 small jalapeno peppers* (leave the seeds in for an extra kick)
- ½ onion
- ¼-1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1½ to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about ½ lemon, juiced)
- ½ head green cabbage
- ¾ c. thinly sliced white onion
- ½ c. fresh cilantro
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper