#EliminateGlyphosate in Idaho! Glyphosate herbicides or Monsanto's RoundUp weed killer, the most widely used herbicide in history, has recently been proven to cause serious harm to life. Plus, it's not just the glyphosate! Inert ingredients are more toxic and NOT tested for long term safety.
- Glyphosate has contaminated our planet, and is now found in our children's urine, mother's milk, our bloodstreams, and our food and water.
- In 2015 the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) of the World Health Organization found that glyphosate “is a probable human carcinogen”.
- In July of 2017 the California State Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) added glyphosate to its prop 65 list of known carcinogens.
- In October of 2017, after over 1 million Europeans requested a ban, 72% of the Members of the European Parliament voted to BAN glyphosate and EU Member states have refused to renew the license.
- Four countries have banned glyphosate: Malta, Sri Lanka, The Netherlands, and Argentina.
- Many U.S. school districts and cities have already discontinued the use of glyphosate.
Glyphosate causes cancer
Glyphosate herbicides have also been found to be linked to various cancers specifically lymphoma, are endocrine disruptors, neurotoxic, and a cause of liver disease. Global studies show that we are routinely exposed to dangerous levels of glyphosate.
Over 1000 Americans are currently suing Monsanto, the manufacturer of glyphosate herbicides, for non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. The Department of Justice is investigating Monsanto for corruption, cover-ups, and collusion with the EPA in relation to the carcinogenic effects of glyphosate.
Millions of citizens in (your state) come in contact with glyphosate daily. The American Academy of Pediatrics has stated that our children are the most vulnerable to pesticides. Thus, we need to take action to protect the future of our state.
Please join the Moms Across America, Organic Consumers Association, Institute for Responsible Technology, Thinking Moms Revolution, and thousands of others in ridding our state of glyphosate by signing the petition below:
Learn More About the Dangers of Glyphosate: