Medical error takes the life of sick child

Medical error takes the life of sick child

Two year old Connor died from a disease that he was vaccinated against. The parents were persistent to take the toddler in to a variety of medical facilities, all the doctors failed to diagnose meningitis. The vaccines failed him. The medical community failed him. We, at Health Freedom Idaho, are heartbroken for this family, following doctors orders and the medical establishment’s protocols, still their child died. Human error in the medical field, is the third leading cause of death. This is why it is critical that parents have the opportunity to choose the modality of healthcare for their child. Having ‘faith’ in allopathic medicine doesn’t guarantee long life. Doctors are not gods, while they might have ‘good intent’ they don’t always give life-saving advice. Doctors repeatedly told the parents to give him Tylenol. Tylenol is **not safe** and should not be recommended for a sick kid. Over-vaccination is not safe and should not be recommended for a healthy kid.

“Connor had received all of the necessary vaccines. A physician with the Florida Department of Health, which is investigating the root cause of Connor’s illness and any potential connection to the child-care center, also said Connor and a 2-year-old boy at the center who died on Dec. 10 were up to date on their vaccinations.”

During the two weeks between the day that Connor first went home ill on Nov. 21 and the day he died in the intensive care unit at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, the Minceys said they took their son at least three times to the pediatrician, and to the emergency room at Jackson Memorial Hospital and then to Nicklaus Children’s.

Each time, the Minceys said, doctors sent Connor home with a prescription for Tylenol and other medications but no warning that his condition was worsening and potentially fatal.

“It’s been a nightmare,” Donald Mincey said, adding that he had to remove Connor’s bed from the boy’s bedroom because it was too painful to see now. “I look over and I want to see my baby.”

In retrospect, the Minceys said, Nov. 28 was a key date. They had taken Connor to the emergency room at Nicklaus Children’s with a fever of 103 degrees, Judd Rosen said. But doctors there suggested the Minceys instead take Connor to an urgent care center, which provides a lower level of care. 

“He’s dying in our arms,” Donald Mincey said. “The doctor told us to come back in four to six days. He had lost mobility by then. He couldn’t even stand. To keep giving this child Tylenol and Motrin … and he’s not improving. We knew something wasn’t right.”

The following day, on Nov. 29, as Connor’s condition worsened, the Minceys said they took their child back to the pediatrician. Judd Rosen said the pediatrician — the lawyers wouldn’t name the doctor on Thursday — advised the Minceys to take Connor back to the emergency room at Nicklaus Children’s, where he was admitted and given antibiotics for the first time.

This article originally appeared at:

Leave a Reply