Not in my backyard! Neighbors Unite to Stop Cell Tower Coming to Rural Eagle Community
A proposed pine tree ‘disguised’ cell tower in the middle of a lot in Eagle has residents calling for reform. Rural Eagle Residents call the tower an eyesore and worry about property values, as its placement is within 80 steps of the nearest home. Cell towers are industrial structures and need to be confined to commercial or industrial properties and not pollute neighborhood communities. Homeowners in the neighborhood off Beacon Light between Ballanytne & Eagle Rd fear that not only will the tower be an eyesore, it will decimate property values. The proposed tower marker is literally place approximately 20 steps from the closest property line, and 80 steps from the nearest homes. This doesn’t not account for the 50 x 50 foot enclosure place within steps of property lines.
We must unite in this effort to protect our rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. While we are not opposed to improved telecommunications, there are much less controversial, and intrusive areas for such development where safe placement is AWAY FROM OUR NEIGHBORHOODS. The placement of this tower directly in the middle of residential homes must be STOPPED. Homeowners all over the country with towers being erected near their homes are dealing with value losses up to 20% or more!
Can you imagine the NOISE NUISANCE from AC units & generators?There are ample disturbing publications in recent research by top world renowned scientists and doctors over the UNKNOWN HEALTH RISKS of long-term effects of exposure to cell towers which emit high-frequency radio waves, or microwaves. Safe distance from these towers is .25 miles. INSIDE of the .25 mile is an unsafe area! The closer you are, the greater the danger. The microwaves from cell phone towers have been shown to interfere with your body’s own EMFs, causing a variety of potential health problems, including Headaches, Memory loss, Cardiovascular stress, Low sperm count, Birth defects, and Cancer. Who is responsible for the emotional and physical harm caused to these families?
This action may not effect you right now but if we don’t unite against this violation now than it won’t take long before we find a cell tower going up
in our own back yard.
-Miste Karlfeldt Health Freedom Idaho
REACT (Rural Eagle Against Cell Towers) Unite Organization was formed by residents of Eagle, ID to STOP neighbors from putting a Cell Tower in our backyard. The organization hopes to stop the implementation of this cell tower and help to establish ordinances that will keep cell towers out of residential areas across the state.
“While we are not opposed to improved telecommunications, there are much less controversial, and intrusive areas for such development where safe placement is AWAY FROM OUR NEIGHBORHOODS. We are petitioning for this tower to be STOPPED, and moved onto non-residential property, where towers are currently built on, and it belong.”
*you do NOT have to be a resident of Eagle. Sign as a resident of Idaho!
Show Your Support! Pack the Hearing Room.
*you do not have to speak your presence is your support
against cell towers in ANY neighborhood
Thursday, October 18th, 2018; 6 pm
Commissioners Main Hearing Room #1235 (first floor)
200 W Front St, Boise, ID
At this meeting React Unite and local supporters hope to accomplish the following:
- Tell ADA COUNTY PLANNING & ZONING TO DENY THE CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT required to erect this COMMERCIAL tower on RESIDENTIAL ZONED PROPERTY and to RESPECT AND PROTECT CITY OF EAGLE PROPERTY OWNERS INVESTMENTS, PRIVACY, QUALITY OF LIFE, SAFETY & HEALTH.
- Tell POWDER RIVER DEVELOPMENT, LLC of Eagle, in conjunction with HORIZON TOWER, LLC of California on behalf of VERIZON, to MOVE THE TOWER TO A NON-RESIDENTIAL AREA, and hold them accountable for MISLEADING OUR RESIDENTS with the following information:
- Tell the owners of 2557 N. SKY VIEW LANE, EAGLE, ID that moving to our beautiful state and misusing their residential property for business and financial gain at the expense of the City of Eagle, ID residents is not OK!
PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION!
- THE PROPERTY OWNERS DO NOT LIVE ON PROPERTY WHICH IS ZONED ADA COUNTY, NOT CITY OF EAGLE.
- THE PROPERTY OWNERS DISCREETLY SIGNED A LEASE WITH VERIZON IN DECEMBER 2017 FOR A MONTHLY LEASE PAYOUT. WE WERE NOT INFORMED UNTIL MAY, NOR CONSIDERED IN THEIR DECISION.
- THE PROPOSED TOWER MARKER IS LITERALLY PLACED APPROXIMATELY 20 STEPS FROM THE CLOSEST PROPERTY LINE, AND 80 STEPS FROM NEAREST HOMES! THIS DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE 50×50 FOOT ENCLOSURE PLACED WITHIN STEPS OF OUR PROPERTY LINES!
Misleading communication, lack of proper public notification, and actions that fall outside the city codes are all part of this scheme to undermine the health and privacy property rights of the citizens of Eagle. All information is readily available online and quite telling.
Ada County MUST Deny this COMMERCIAL CELL TOWER on residential property, and all proposed towers on residential property, steps from homes.#getthecellout #stopverizon #stoppowderriverdevelopment#stophorizontower
UPDATED CAN BE FOUND AT https://reactunite.org/updates