They can cause symptoms like: digestive disorders, fatigue, food cravings and unstable blood sugar.
A good parasite cleanse diet involves eating herbs, natural whole foods and taking supplements that will help the body eliminate parasites.
The diet should have high mineral and nutrient content and shouldn’t contain any kind of artificial stimulants.
Here are some of the common foods and herbs that should be included in a good parasite cleansing diet. You can find them at your local grocery store or health food store.
What to Eat to Get Rid of Parasites
Wormwood is an herb that helps to kill big, adult parasites by making their environment unfriendly to live in. You can find it in tea, capsules and in concentrated liquid form.
Garlic is a natural antiparasitic and antibiotic food; it also helps support bowel movements and bowel detoxification.
Cloves help to kill the parasitic eggs that are laid daily by adult parasites. These eggs can remain dormant for a while so it’s important to let them hatch and then destroy them using more cloves.
Black Walnut Hulls
This herb helps to kill large adult parasites wherever they are in the body. Black walnut hulls is a powerful anti-fungal and anti-parasitic supplement.
Green leafy vegetables with high nutrient content and probiotics help the body to get rid of toxins.
Vegetables rich in anti-oxidants like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes and blueberries help feed the body organs and glands infected with parasites.
Coconut oil contains about 50% of lauric acid, a saturated fat which is contained in coconut products. After conversion by the body it produces a substance that effectively kills parasites, viruses, yeasts, as well as bad bacteria in the digestive tract. Make sure that you choose organic, extra virgin coconut oil for best results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Need to increase your hydrochloric acid for better digestion (especially meats)? One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in water about 30-60 minutes before meals will increase your stomach acid and prepare your digestive system for absorption. Just rinse your mouth with fresh water after consuming and then let your saliva remineralize your teeth.
Increasing your HCL will help keep your stomach free from parasites and also ensure that you eliminate any larvae you accidentally eat during your meals.
If you're concerned about the acidity, ACV actually becomes alkaline in the body.
This fruit has a powerful ability to destroy worms, such as tapeworms and most intestinal worms. To enhance its potency, peel off the skin before soaking in apple cider vinegar. Then eat 8 ounces of the papaya and take two ounces of this vinegar solution for four days.
Like garlic, green onions release an enzyme called alliinase when they’re crushed or cut. To prepare onions and avoid the ‘tear factor’ caused by onions, refrigerate them for one hour and then cut them using a sharp knife.
For an antiparasitic boost, juice the white section of the onions and add two sesame seed oil teaspoons. Drink twice a day for 3 days without any food.
This fruit contains an antiparasitic enzyme known as bromelain. Some studies show that a 3-day pineapple fast can help kill tapeworms.
Fish and organic meats
These high-quality protein sources can support your immune system and provide the body with the essential fatty acids needed for fuel.
Pumpkin seeds are usually used for eliminating tapeworms and roundworms. You can mash them and then mix with juice, chew them or make pumpkin seed butter in your food processor.
Carrots and carrot juice or cranberry juice (unsweetened)
You can dilute cranberry juice in water. Carrots or carrot juice kills parasites as well.
Fennel seed tea
This mild laxative can irritate certain kinds of parasites in the body.
You essentially flush them out with fluids in the process. If you have a sensitive stomach, be sure to ingest the tea in small doses so that you know it’s affect on your digestive system. Fennel seed tea is a great remedy for irritable bowel syndrome in general.
Parasites don't like spice! Spices like cayenne, chilies, horseradish, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves all make parasites disappear.
Add a kick to your parasite cleanse diet and you’ll feel the results quickly.
Some options that you can make at home include rejuvelac (a drink produced from fermented grains like wheat berries, and sauerkraut (fermented cabbage). You can also use probiotic supplements, which help kill the bad bacteria and replenish good bacteria. We love Bio-Kult Advanced Probiotic Multi-Strain Formula for its widely reported effectiveness and personal results with GAPS and other leaky gut diets.
What foods should you AVOID in a parasite cleanse diet?
Sugar feeds parasites and also eats up the supply of B vitamins and minerals in the body. A parasitic infection may lead to cravings for carbohydrates and refined sugar, so it’s best to avoid these kinds of food to starve parasites off their energy and fuel.
Refined carbohydrates like cakes, bread, cookies, cereal and pasta should be avoided. All of these lead to major fluctuations in blood sugar control and therefore put an extra strain on an already burdened system that’s infected with parasites.
Thank you to the Total Cleanse Detox Diet site for these great parasite cleansing tips!
Best herbal supplements for parasite cleanse diet
The Health Freedom Idaho team and their families have tested a number of protocols and supplements for parasite cleansing. Below are some of the best-rated and most effective supplements and books for parasite cleansing.
- SCRAM Internal Parasite Formula. This is one of the most highly rated anti-microbial supplements on Amazon and contains high-quality organic herbs such as black walnut, wormwood, clove, milk thistle, enzymes to break down a microbe's cellular walls and probiotics. It is also vegan and non-GMO. This is a staple to have on hand when you travel and when you're choosing to do a parasite or candida (yeast) cleanse.
- Intestinal Cleanse for Kids by Cedar Bear Naturale. This formulation was designed by a master herbalist to be safe for children and their developing digestive systems.
- ParaGuard by Zahler contains the heavy hitters of clove, wormwood and black walnut hulls, but also features powerful anti-microbial oils like oregano and peppermint, along with pumpkin seed (a powerful anti-parasitic, as listed above) and garlic bulb.
- Black Walnut Hulls is a powerful anti-parasitic and anti-fungal on its own. This tincture is made according to the standards of Dr. Hulda Clark and has no magnesium stearate or excipients, thereby improving absorption.
- Clove Bud Powder is not only a key herbal remedy for parasite cleansing, but also increases circulation and oxygenation in the blood, strengthens arteries and can reduce excess iron in the body.
- Wormwood (artemesia) is a go-to for balancing and strengthening the digestive system and ridding the intestines of parasites. Wormwood helps maintain a normal balance of bacteria and other microbes in the intestines and enhances digestive enzymes and the secretion of bile.
- IntestinePro Intestine Support has 15 ingredients that support digestion and parasite control. By using a supplement like this, you're approaching microbe balance from a number of angles, including probiotics and lesser known herbs.
- Hulda Clark's book, "The Cure For All Diseases" is one of the standards in parasite education and supplementation protocols.
Want more immune-boosting tips? Click on over to these recent articles:
Using Vitamin C to Recover From Illness and Disease | 21 Natural Remedies Instead of the Flu Shot | Optimize Your Vitamin D Levels to Boost Immunity, Lower Depression and Cancer Risk | Apple Cider Vinegar, a Silver Bullet for Health | Turmeric Tea, an Anti-Inflammatory Remedy