The previous jury found unanimously that Monsanto’s glyphosate-based Roundup weed killer caused Mr. Johnson to develop NHL, and that Monsanto failed to warn of this severe health hazard. Importantly, the jury also found that Monsanto acted with malice, oppression or fraud and should be punished for its conduct. (see internal documents from Monsanto revealed during court proceedings)
Monsanto Co. continues to refuse to warn consumers of the dangers of its multi-billion-dollar product Roundup despite the world’s foremost authority on cancer—the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)—listing glyphosate as a probable carcinogen in 2015.
Quick Stats on Glyphosate
- Glyphosate has contaminated our planet, and is now found in our children's urine, mother's milk, our bloodstreams, and our food and water.
- In 2015 the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) of the World Health Organization found that glyphosate “is a probable human carcinogen”.
- In July of 2017 the California State Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) added glyphosate to its prop 65 list of known carcinogens.
- In October of 2017, after over 1 million Europeans requested a ban, 72% of the Members of the European Parliament voted to BAN glyphosate and EU Member states have refused to renew the license.
- Four countries have banned glyphosate: Malta, Sri Lanka, The Netherlands, and Argentina.
- Many U.S. school districts and cities have already discontinued the use of glyphosate.
#influenza shot for FLU
#MMR. Combo shot for Measles, Mumps, Rubella
#TDap. Combo shot for Tetanus, Diphtheria, & Pertussis
#HepB. For Hepatitis B
#Pneumococcal for pneumonia
New Study Shows Link between herbicide and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
The noose is tightening on Bayer/Monsanto's glyphosate herbicide (commonly sold as Roundup), as yet another epidemiological study has found a link between exposure to the herbicide and a type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma called diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL). See the abstract and key points below.
Pesticide use and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoid malignancies in agricultural cohorts from France, Norway and the USA: a pooled analysis from the AGRICOH consortium
There is NO level of safe glyphosate -Because glyphosate has been shown to bioaccumulate, and has been shown in the parts per trillion, to increase the growth of breast cancer cells, regardless of what the EPA and Monsanto say is NO safe level. http://www.stopsprayingnb.ca/resources/42.pdf
Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) introduced legislation March 15, 2019 to dramatically limit American children’s exposure to glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller, in food. The bill would not only ban pre-harvest spraying of glyphosate on oats but also require the federal government to test foods popular with children for the herbicide, which has been linked to cancer.
Key provisions in DeLauro’s bill include:
- Prohibiting the spraying of glyphosate as a pre-harvest drying agent on oats.
- Lowering by 300-fold the permissible level of glyphosate residues on oats, restoring the legally allowed level to just 0.1 parts per million, or ppm.
- Requiring the Department of Agriculture to regularly test fruits, vegetables and other foods routinely fed to infants and children for glyphosate residues
Read more on this legislation at Sustainablepulse.com
MORE RESEARCH RESOURCES:
Petition against Glyphosate :Glyphosate use poses a significant threat to the health of our planet and the people on it..it’s high time that the EPA prohibits the pre-harvest use of glyphosate on every farm across the country”https://buff.ly/2ybW4Dm