Stop the Neighborhood Cell Tower Eagle Idaho
New cell tower proposed in the backyard of neighborhood in Eagle Idaho. Home owners say,
“While we are not opposed to improved telecommunications, there are much less controversial areas for such development where safe placement is AWAY FROM OUR NEIGHBORHOODS. Consider Nearby Open Land, instead of steps from homes! We are FOR a tower ALL can BENEFIT from, on adjacent nearby hills, rather than our backyards. We are petitioning for this tower to be STOPPED, and moved to a non-residential area where it belongs!”
For current updates visit www.reactunite.org
ATTEND THE HEARING: new date!
6 pm in Commissioners Main Hearing Room #1235 (first floor),
200 W Front St, Boise, ID
ATTENTION: Our Eagle Neighborhood off Beacon Light between Ballanytne & Eagle Rd IS THE NEXT PROPOSED SITE FOR A MONO-PINE CELL TOWER! IF ADA COUNTY APPROVES THE PERMIT MANY SURROUNDING HOME OWNERS WILL BE FORCED TO LIVE WITH IT, OR MOVE, WHILE THE PROPERTY OWNERS MAKE ENDLESS MONEY. WE ARE UNITING ALL EFFORTS TO HAVE IT RE-LOCATED!
SIGN THE PETITION AND JOIN THE 60+ HOMES WITHIN 1,000 FT OF IMPACT NOW!
1. Tell ADA COUNTY PLANNING & ZONING TO DENY THE CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT required to erect this tower on RESIDENTIAL ZONED PROPERTY and to RESPECT AND PROTECT CITY OF EAGLE PROPERTY OWNERS INVESTMENTS, PRIVACY, QUALITY OF LIFE, SAFETY & HEALTH.
2. Tell the TAYLOR FAMILY, OWNERS OF 2557 N. SKY VIEW LANE, EAGLE, ID that moving to our beautiful state and misusing their residential property for business and financial gain at the expense of the City of Eagle, ID residents is not OK!
- · THE PROPERTY OWNERS DO NOT LIVE ON PROPERTY WHICH IS ZONED ADA COUNTY, NOT CITY OF EAGLE.
- · THE PROPERTY OWNERS DISCREETLY SIGNED A LEASE WITH VERIZON IN DECEMBER 2017 FOR A MONTHLY LEASE PAYOUT. WE WERE NOT INFORMED UNTIL MAY, NOR CONSIDERED IN THEIR GREEDY DECISION.
- · THE PROPOSED TOWER MARKER IS LITERALLY PLACED APPROXIMATELY 25 STEPS FROM THE CLOSEST PROPERTY LINE, 60 STEPS FROM THE NEAREST FAMILY’S POOL, AND 80 STEPS FROM NEAREST HOMES! THIS DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE 50×50 FOOT ENCLOSURE PLACED WITHIN STEPS OF OUR PROPERTY LINES!
3. Tell POWDER RIVER DEVELOPMENT, LLC of Eagle, in conjunction with HORIZON TOWER, LLC of California on behalf of VERIZON, to MOVE THE TOWER TO A NON-RESIDENTIAL AREA, and hold them accountable for MISLEADING OUR RESIDENTS with the following information:
- ·Homes within 1,000ft of the proposed site may or may not have received notification of the community meeting in May via mail.
- ·We are finding these notification(s) provided conflicting information on date, time and place.
Most have not been concerned, and did not attend the community meeting simply based on the outdated (6+ years) satellite map that was sent out in notification, showing minimal homes in the area. This map went a step further to add to our confusion by cropping out Beacon Light just above the image, or any main road/cross streets for that matter to help in determining location. Most of us, upon looking at that map had no idea where this area was. The most current satellite map from 2017 of exact areas shows a much different picture with thriving developments, and a TRUE picture of the impact of erecting a cell tower will cause. REFERENCE ABOVE IMAGES.
Document Discrepancies: Several documents state heights ranging from 65’-93’. Site placement markers have been moved on the property, however geo coordinates do not match newest location (red arrow).
We are not overstating the issues below. All information is readily available online and quite telling.
1. BE READY FOR A DECREASE IN YOUR PROPERTY VALUE! You will be required to disclose this tower on any and all home/property sale transactions. Homeowners all over the country with towers being erected near their homes are dealing with value losses up to 20% or more!
2. Additionally, the ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT in our rural area includes disruption to animal and bird migration patterns, and loss of habitat.
3. Apart from, and in addition to the unknown health and environmental concerns, cell towers become EYESORES (even when falsely made to look like trees). Unfortunately, this one will stand alone in a property of weeds, enclosed by a 50×50 fence with no chance of blending in.
4. NOISE NUISANCE from AC units & generators, INVASION of PRIVACY as workers will have clear shots into windows of homes and yards.
5. Last but definitely not least are the ample disturbing publications in recent research by top world renowned scientists and doctors over the UNKNOWN HEALTH RISKS of long-term effects of exposure to cell towers which emit high-frequency radio waves, or microwaves. Safe distance from these towers is .25 miles. YOU are INSIDE of the .25 mile unsafe area! The closer you are, the greater the danger. The microwaves from cell phone towers have been shown to interfere with your body’s own EMFs, causing a variety of potential health problems, including Headaches, Memory loss, Cardiovascular stress, Low sperm count, Birth defects, and Cancer.