This Paleo Sweet Potato Hash has only 4 ingredients, but is loaded with flavor! Easy, delicious, and healthy! Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and a great way to start the day! This skillet serves two, for for family sized add a couple more eggs and have it feed more. I love that it’s an all-in-one breakfast, no sides needed! You have your carbs, protein, fat, and so much flavor!!
The crispy salty bacon, soft onion, the slight sweetness from the sweet potato and the runny egg make for the perfect bite! You’ll be hooked once you try it! You will also love how easy it is.
The sweet potato needs to be cooked since it won’t be in the pan long enough to cook from raw. I like to make mine a day ahead, just baked for an hour in the oven. You could even bake a few potatoes and eat this skillet all week. The bacon needs to be cut small in order to get crispy and I find that scissors work best for this. Just chop into little pieces as even as possible. I usually bake my bacon, this is the one exception I make. Cooking the bacon first means no other fat is needed. Everything is just cooked in the bacon fat making it extra delicious!!
- 8oz uncured bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 large cooked sweet potato, chopped
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 10 inch skillet (I love cast iron) over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
- Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
- Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
- Serve straight from the skillet.