Idaho H&W attempts to under mind vaccine exemptions
Quick Fact: Any minor child whose parent or guardian has submitted a signed statement to school officials stating their objections on religious or other grounds shall be exempt from the provisions of this chapter. Medical exemptions are also allowed. (See Idaho State Code listed below).
- Idaho Statues permit you as an individual or parent have the right to choose whether or not to vaccinate your child.
- The statute does not require you to disclose what other grounds your refusal to immunization is. As with any medical decision, the decision to vaccinate or not is a right of the individual or parent.
- The State of Idaho, your doctor and public health employees cannot force you or your child to be vaccinated.
- Your child cannot be excluded from a school or public program because you have exercised your right to not vaccinate.
Idaho Code 39-4802 only requires a signed statement from the parent(s) or legal guardian of the child.
Unfortunately, Idaho Health and Welfare Immunization Department (IDHW) has made the use of the form mandatory for schools to admit children whose parents have chosen to legally opt out of some or all vaccines for their children. The form developed by IDHW falls far outside the scope of the Idaho Statutes (section 39-1118(2) or 39-4802(2), Idaho Code;). The state prescribed form based on IDAPA 16.02.15, is in violation of Idaho Code 39-4802 and 39-4804.
Currently, parents are forced to sign IDHW’s mandatory form that demands parents state that “vaccine preventable diseases are extremely deadly” and “that it is negligent for willfully denying your son/daughter the life-saving protection that vaccines offer” in order to enroll their children into school.
These forms are MEANT to not only be intimidating but to catch parents legally off guard.
The Idaho Statutes make it clear that parents only legal responsibility is to provide a written statement they are opting out of vaccines for their children and they are aware of the risks/benefits of the recommended vaccine schedule.
Surveys show that most schools have denied children access to school when parents have submitted the legally acceptable parental statement of vaccine exemption. There are many schools refuse to accept the form if it has been altered in any way.
This illegal action on the part of schools (who feel their hands are tied due to Health and Welfare Administrative policy) has caught the attention of Health Freedom Idaho. While correspondence from the Office of the Attorney General and Legislators have shown that there is in fact a discrepancy in the legal statues and the scope of the form required by IDHW there has been no challenge to change the current administrative procedures to fall back in line with the law.
SEE: Letter 1. Letter 2.
SUBMIT YOUR LEGALLY ACCEPTABLE PARENTAL STATEMENT OF VACCINE EXEMPTION
- LETTER FROM THE OFFICE OF THE
IDAHO ATTORNEY GENERAL :
PARENT WRITTEN STATEMENT IS
- PARENT EXEMPTION STATEMENT
WITH LEGAL CODE ATTACHEDcreated by VACLIB.ORG to meet Idaho Code 39-4802
- PLEASE READ VACCINATION LIBERATION
EXEMPTION FORMS DISCLOSURES